Friday, May 1, 2009

Sooth Sayers, Nostradamus, Dreams and Shit

Let me take you back. The date was December 24th, 1992 and I had just fallen asleep. I was 15 years old at the time and like every 15 year old my main concern was getting some wheels. I had this pipe dream that I would get a Mustang and be the coolest kid around. Well, that night I had a dream where I came down the stairs Christmas morning and opened up my last present to find the last box contained a Mustang emblem. It was a pretty cool dream.

So I wake up that Christmas morning and come downstairs to have breakfast and open presents and such all the while not giving much thought to the dream I had just had. I got done with the presents and I had gotten a nice sized check for my 'big present' so I was content. A little bit later my Mom said, 'Jesse, there's one more present. It's outside.' I walked outside and my jaw literally dropped. Perched on the top of the hill soaking up the rays of the rising sun was a candy apple red 1967 Ford Mustang coupe! I've never been so surprised in my life. Disclaimer - we're not rich and I wasn't one of those little spoiled kids that you hate, my Mom and her boyfriend at that time fixed up a real POS for me late nights

The point of the story is to tell you about a dream I had 2 years ago. In this dream I hit the Mega Millions and won exactly 220 million dollars and spent the rest of the dream spending it. I still remember the dream vividly.

Guess how much the jackpot is tonight? Yep, 220 million dollars. I got 10 tickets. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. While I was driving home the day of the drawing I saw the billboard had gone up to $225 million. Needless to say I'm still blogging so I didn't win.

    ReplyDelete