Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Review - Star Trek

***Contains mad spoilers***

Ok, so I was a little biased coming into this movie as I was always a Star Wars fan and really looked down on Trekkies as the nerdiest people on the face of the earth. That being said, I really, really enjoyed the latest entry in the movie series.

I'll start by saying my favorite feature of this movie was the fact that they could have just filled it with cheesy lines but did not. Sure, some of the famous sayings were there but they were done in a pretty humorous way.

The movie started the way any good action movie should, with tons of shit blowing up. The action scenes were excellent and the special effects were probably the best I've ever seen.

Characters: The movie was based around character development and they delivered. I never really watched the original series that much but everyone knows who the players are whether you watched the show or not. The guy that played Kirk was perfect. Kicking ass and banging green chicks. Spock was pretty good too but I think the best job of recreating a character was the guy that played Bones.

My only annoyance with the movie: I didn't really like the fact that they brought the original Spock back and I certainly didn't like the fact that he talks to himself at the end. If I was making the movie I would have had the future Spock make an appearance only to be killed off before any of the current characters showed up. I think in the movie they say he's something like 150+ years old anyway. Time to go.

Here's what makes me angry - Growing up a Star Wars fan I was really looking forward to the Phantom Menace 10 years ago and was very disappointed as I'm sure most of you were. Then, here comes the Star Trek prequel and it kicks ass right out of the gate. Fucking George Lucas....

Anyway, put your coolness aside and see the movie, it kicks ass.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, great casting, not cheesy, could have seen some more tits though

    ReplyDelete