Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Numb

So our generation is supposed to have been desensitized to sex and violence through the media. I have the unfortunate pleasure of being desensitized through everyday events. As if my 2008 wasn't bad enough please allow me to present another story for your review:

Last Friday morning I was sitting at my desk and was actually quite busy when my phone rang. It was the little brother and the first thing he said was 'You're not going to believe what happened.'

Apparently he went into the basement and found the window had been kicked in.

'Ok', I said 'Start looking around and see what's missing'. A couple minutes later he called back and said my cordless drill was gone. I told him that was enough, call the cops. While he was waiting on the cops he called me back and said both my guitars were gone.

The cops got there and began the investigation. They said it was going to last about 2 hours.

Here's where the story actually takes an awesome turn. Little brother calls me about an hour after the cops showed up and said they got the guy in custody. I said 'Hold that bitch down until I get there'. I left work, checked the house for anything else missing then went to the police station to claim my stuff. After making some smart ass remarks about the meth lab raid from last year I was happy to find that none of my stuff had not so much as a scratch.

This was the 5th offense for this guy and he was already on probation. Not only was he dumb enough to rob some of the items with the least value, he also cut himself on the window getting in , poured gas on the floor to cover his tracks and actually knocked on the door and asked Brother Lou if there had been any disturbances lately. Brother Lou go tot ID the guy at the police station. First degree breaking and entering and burglary - this bitch is going away for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment