Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why I'm So Biased

So I've written a few blogs about the automobile economy and I always stick up for Ford. I feel I should lay out a couple reasons why. So, without further dudes, here are some stats on my truck:
2003 Ford F150, V8, extended cab, long bed
-Purchased new October '02, 9 miles on the odometer (I added 5 in the test drive)
-This morning 163,500 miles, Six and a half years old
-Total money spent excluding standard maintenance: about $1,000
-Reposed: twice (each one bank error and me being lazy)
-Things jumped over: sand dunes, snow drifts
-Driven on beach: six years in a row
-trips to Florida: 4
-Trips to Vermont and points north: 4
-Most dogs hauled: 4
-Most people hauled: 6
-Boats hauled: 3
-Max Load hauled: 1 ton (twice the rated capacity)
-Number of times wrecked: 2
-Oil changes: 30+
-Sets of tires: 3
-Things the truck has done more times than I can count: gotten me home safely, never left me on the side of the road, helped numerous friends move, helped set up the March for the Animals, kept firewood in our stove, deterred thieves from breaking into my landlady's garage and looked tough in my driveway

There's a line in a Merle Haggard song that goes 'wish a Ford and a Chevy would still last 10 years, like they should'. He's right, they should.

Obviously I'm knocking on wood so hard right now I just punched a hole on my desk but I think everyone needs something this dependable in their driveways (and lives). With my luck I'll probably end up stranded on the side of the road today.

Oh yeah, please do not comment on how your Honda or Toyota has 200,000+ miles and all that shit because you know what, they have not worked nearly as hard as my truck has. I put it to the test for every one of those 163,000 miles. It was my lifeline when I was self employed and I beat the shit out of it.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, my Honda hasn't worked that hard (and it doesn't have 163,500 miles on it), but it has made itself famous by being the backdrop for many photoshoots. Well, maybe just one, but it has a bright future ahead, especially after I get those rims that Daniel Wilcox helped me pick out at the rim shop.

    ReplyDelete