Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Movies - Overrated/Underrated

While I'm walking the dog my mind tends to wander. I mean, it's just me, the dog and nature. Today I started thinking about movies that sucked and it turns out some of these movies were pretty highly touted. Conversely, some are very much under appreciated. Here is my list:

Overrated:
Titanic-
God I fucking hate Titanic (the James Cameron version). The sad thing is I've always liked Dicaprio's acting but I think that this movie is actually his worst. 10 years later the special effects don't even hold up. Drawn out piece of shit. Also highest grossing movie ever. You get like one topless moment and it's not even that great.

Underrated:
The Patriot-
This to me was Mel Gibson's attempt at an American Braveheart. The movie kicks ass the whole way through with the exception of Heath Ledger's character being a little bitch (makes up for it in Dark Knight). It's a little unrealistic but then again there aren't allot of Revolutionary War movies out there.

Overrated:
There's Something About Mary-
When this movie came out and for a couple years afterwards it was hyped up as the funniest movie of the decade. The entire f'n decade! Are you kidding me!?! The movie has some mildly average moments at best. One scene that people still talk about. That's it. I don't even know any quotes from the movie except 'frank and beans'. The sad thing is I'm a Stiller fan. Which will become evident, now.

Underrated:
Zoolander-
To me this is one of the funniest movies of all time. Hilarious from start to finish. Very, very quotable. Stiller is fantastic, Owen Wilson is tolerable and Will Ferrel is probably in his funniest role ever as the twisted fashion designer Mugato. 'I'm getting the black lung Pop',' You can deri lick my balls capitain','It's a walk off'. Classic.

One more gripe: How the hell did Saving Private Ryan not win best picture in '98? How!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment