Wednesday, February 11, 2009

General Stupidity

I declare that roughly 60% of our population is just flat out stupid. I never really believed this growing up but as I've gotten out into the real world my eyes have certainly been opened.

I bet you don't believe me. That you say to yourself 'How can the majority of people be stupid?'. I had trouble believing it myself and it never occurred to me until a few years ago why.

You see, I was lucky enough to have parents that cared about my education. Even in Kindergarten I would stay after with the teacher so I could catch up to the upper echelons of the class. By middle and high school I was always in the above average classes. This is where I started losing touch with the nation's stupidity.

Because I was surrounded in school by kids of above average intelligence I thought this was how the rest of the world was, mostly. I still knew there were a bunch of dumbasses but it never occurred to me how many.

When I got out of high school and moved to college I was in high level engineering classes. No real dumbasses there so my blurred perception continued.

It really wasn't until I started in the workforce that I realized how many idiots there really were. Sometimes I would try to explain a simple concept to these guys and they would look at me with these glazed over expressions and I could tell their brains just froze in their tracks.

Think about it; most that will read this blog are in the same boat as me. That is, blinded from all this stupidity through school and technical careers. I ask you to do one thing if you really don't believe me. Try going going to the MVA one time. (Or the South).

It's not even a reflection on gender or race either. I was watching this woman and some dumbass kids at a bar this past weekend and I swear she sound like she was saying 'duh, uh, derrr, like duh'. From her outward appearance this woman bore the trappings of someone at least mildly intellignet. Not so. She was a complete and utter nitwit. Trophy wife you say? Doubt it, just dumb.

Some examples of our nation's stupidity:
-Bush was elected
-Bush was elected again
-American Idol is popular
-Carlos Mencia had his own show
-Sarah Palin
-Congress spends more time on sports and PC issues than fixing our country
-McDonalds has pictures on their cash registers
-People find it clever to use this: :)

Some things to watch that scream stupidity:
-anybody interviewed on local news at a crime scene
-most pro athletes trying to weasel out of something
-soccer moms trying to drive SUVs
-right wing conservatives
-left wing liberals
-today's children's programming (just bright colors, no substance)
-local news
-drunk girls age 21-24
-any comment left after a news story on any site (mainly Yahoo!)
-spelling on web posts
----sidebar - I was going to add Springer to this list but it's a given
-daytime court shows
-criminals on Dog the Bounty Hunter (I know people like this)

Look at the look on the dipshits face that ran our country for 8 years. Damn!

2 comments:

  1. McDonalds has pictures on their registers?!? Awesome :) :-) :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey hey, drunk girls of age 21-24 are a BAD thing????!?!?! mwahahahaa.....

    ReplyDelete