Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2009

So every once in a while I would write a blog on myspace but apparently it's not cool anymore so I'll use this site to vent from time to time. Maybe one day I'll write something profound.

Anyway, I've been looking forward to this upcoming year. I'm not sure the exact reason but I guess I know things can only get better than 2008. A quick summary of 'tragedies' that occurred last year for those that don't know:
-worked over by unemployed roommate and left w/out power for 6 days
-Prime (my dog) had Lyme disease
-chipped a bone in my finger w/ a giant hammer
-Brother wrecked my truck
-Bank reposed my truck on a clerical error
-Random police raid w/ guns in my face and my dogs life threatened
-and various other dumb shit

You know what I've come to realize? I'm being kind of a bitch about it all. Tons of worse stuff happens to lots of people every day but I can't stop telling the story about how I was inconvenienced for an hour or how I lost all kinds of money. Here's another list of things that happened to me last year:
-cool new roommate
-won employee of the year doing a job I truly enjoy
-made the most money I've ever made
-vacationed at OBX, Wisp, New River Gorge, Disc Golf courses, etc.
-drank like I was 20 yrs old more times than I can remember
-got decent at golf again and played a lot
Summation: lots of good times w/ friends I really enjoy

Prime's over his disease, I have my truck back and I'm facing the demons (financially) that I created in my 20s and hid away. Oh yeah, the cops haven't been by in a while.

I've been going around saying last year was the worst year of my life. I'm starting to think it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I know I kind of sound like Doogie Howser at the end of an episode so please don't make fun of me. Like I said in the beginning, I'm just getting stuff off my chest.

I'm done wearing last year like some kind of thug 'badge of honor'. Maybe we've all been a little spoiled in our lives to the point where when a little adversity comes along we sit around and cry about it to anyone that will listen (folks did seem to like the stories though). Yeah, last year sucked but you know what, it could have been a whole lot worse. If my only losses were financial I guess I'm pretty lucky.

2009 will be better. Count on it. It's not going to be because my luck will magically change by flipping over a calendar page. It's going to be me busting my ass to make sure it's better.

Thanks to all that helped me get through it. You know who you are.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah it'll be better for both of us. Aided by copious amounts of beer and multiple rounds of golf... and pretty women.

    ReplyDelete